This 30 acre park expansion opened July 2010.
The Berea City Park Expansion features the following Facilities & Amenities:
- 4,852 ft of Additional Shared Use Path that Connects to the Existing Shared Use Path at the City Park and the Beebe White Shared Use Path
- Handicapped Accessible Playground
- Skatepark with Modular Skate Elements
- Regulation Size,Lighted Football Field
- Concession Stand with Restroom Facilities and Covered Dining Area
- Small Picnic Shelter
- Lighted Basketball Court
- 160 Parking Spaces
- WARNING: The Berea Skatepark is unsupervised. Users assume all risks inherent in the use of this facility. Use may result in serious injury up to and including death.
- Know your abilities and skate at your own risk.
- Minors should have parental supervision.
- Only skateboards and roller skates are allowed in the skate area. No bikes, scooters or heelies permitted.
- NO motorized devices of any sort are allowed within the Berea Skatepark.
- It is STRONGLY recommended that users wear helmets, kneepads, elbow pads and other safety equipment to minimize injuries.
- NO smoking, eating or drinking allowed on the skatepad.
- NO glass containers on the skatepad.
- NO alcohol or drugs, firearms, knives or other weapons allowed.
- NO items may brought onto the skatepad as obstacles, ramps or for any other purpose.
- NO MAKESHIFT OR MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING RAMPS ALLOWED.
- Do not attempt to move skatepark elements.
- Do not proceed into the skate area until it is clear of users and/or any debris.
- Do not use the facility during or after bad weather. Certain weather conditions such as rain, snow or ice can adversely affect ramps and surface conditions.
- NO spectators or loitering in the skate area.
- NO PETS are allowed on the skatepad or in the skate area.
- NO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE or GRAFFITI WILL BE TOLERATED.
- Park hours are set by the Parks and Recreation Director.
The Kentucky Recreational Use Statute (KRS 411 190) applies to the Berea Skatepark.