- All Children 12 & under MUST be accompanied by a responsible person 16 years of age or older AT ALL TIMES!! No child under 12 years of age may be left at the pool unattended for any reason.
- Everyone who comes through the gate, even if they are not swimming, MUST pay and wear a wristband.
- Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions, and open wounds.
- Berea Parks and Recreation reserves the right to refuse admission to those who may be under the influences of drugs, alcohol or those exhibiting erratic behavior.
- Bathing suits are required and must be worn. No thongs, g-strings, cutoffs, or denim allowed.
- Pool furniture is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- A 10-minute time out safety break will be called every two hours during peak hours (beginning at 1:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 3:00 p.m. on Sunday). Adults 18 years of age and older may stay in the pool during these breaks, however, NO children are permitted to stay in the pool during breaks.
- Alcohol and other drugs are not allowed.
- No Running, pushing, profanity or rough play.
- Spitting, spouting water and blowing one’s nose in the water is not allowed.
- Smoking allowed in designated area only.
- No food or drink (except water) permitted outside of the concession area.
- No glass containers or bottles.
- Only Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices are allowed. Users MUST stay in the shallow section only (around raindrop and slide) and be accompanied at all times by an adult.
- No floats are permitted in the main pool.
- No hanging on guard chairs, railings, ladders, lane lines, fences or starting blocks.
- No diving (except on diving boards).
- No swimming in the diving well.
- Swim-pants are required for children who are not toilet trained due to the Center for Disease Control recommendations.
- City is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Patrons who do not comply with these rules and regulations may be asked to leave the premises.
CLOSING POLICY: The City has the right to close the pool in the event of severe weather with no refunds due to the patron. The facility will close at the discretion of the manager, based on inclement weather, mechanical problems or because of a fecal accident.
LIGHTNING POLICY: When thunder and/or lightning are first noticed, the pool will be evacuated until thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard. If lightning occurs again within the first thirty minutes, another thirty minute time limit goes into effect.
Wading Pool Rules
- This swimming area has been designated for children ages 6 and under.
- Toys and small floats are acceptable.
- No running.
- No food allowed.
- No diapers. Swim-pants are required.
- Parent or guardian must be with the child.
- Only one person on the slide at a time.
- Children must be at least 48” tall OR have passed a swim test with the manager to go down the slide.
- Patrons must ride by him/herself sliding feet first, lying on their back or in a seated position.
- Keep arms and hands inside the flume at all times.
- Walk up the steps.
- No shoes, sandals, or footwear are permitted.
- No jewelry.
- No shorts or suits with metal attachments, zippers, buckles, sharp objects or exposed rivets.
- No parents are allowed to go down w/child.
- No tubes, mats, life-jackets, floatation devices, goggles, masks, sunglasses, fins permitted in flume.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping in flume.
- Failure to follow slide rules can result in serious injury to yourself and others, as well as, loss of your privilege to use the slide or dismissal from the facility.
Diving Board Rules
- To use the diving boards, you MUST be able to swim; Swimming test must be administered by diving well guard or roaming guard to any child 12 or under.
- Only one (1) person on board at a time.
- Next person in line must wait in line on the pool deck, not the ladder.
- Swim to the closest ladder to exit the pool.
- Exit diving area immediately.
- Wait for previous diver to reach ladder before diving.
- No Gainers, dangerous dives, back dives, or back flips.
- DO NOT run on your approach to the end of the board.
- No floatation devices allowed in this area.
- Only one bounce on the board.
- DO NOT move fulcrum.
- Dive or jump straight off the end of the diving board, not towards the side.
- No one is permitted in the diving well to “catch” someone else.
Splash Pad Rules:
- Children over the age of 6 are not permitted
- Children must have adult supervision at all times
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers
- Proper swim attire is required
- Wearing water shoes is recommended
- Any person experiencing diarrhea must not use the splash pad
- Persons with open cuts or sores, infection or diseases that may be transmitted by pool water are prohibited
The following are NOT PERMITTED in the splash pad area:
-Running and rough play
-Climbing, hanging, or swinging on any of the splash pad equipment or fencing
-Covering water fixtures or drains
-Drinking splash pad water, spitting or spouting of water from the mouth
-Toys such as pool noodles, beach balls, etc.
-Food, candy, gum, beverages, or glass containers
-Soaps, detergents, and shampoos
-Smoking or vaping
-Persons with open cuts or sores, infection or diseases that may be transmitted by the pool water are prohibited