Make sure others in your community know where to go for help. Spread the word to ensure that business owners, property managers, co-workers, family and friends understand the value of diversity, the benefits of promoting equal opportunities and the value of non-discrimination in our community.
How to Spread the Word
- Distribute available information… share online articles and announcements via email and/or social media. The Berea HRC has available brochures regarding non-discrimination in KY and fair housing laws; request copies for your next group meeting.
What is Fair Housing Law? What is Illegal? What Exemptions Apply? [PDF]
Employment Discrimination. What is Unlawful? [PDF]
- If someone you know has experienced discrimination… make sure to spread the word and let them know how to contact the Berea Human Rights Commission.
- If you would like for your church or community group to receive more information… consider inviting a member of the Berea Human Rights Commission to speak with your group. The Berea HRC has participated with local schools; the Berea Womens Club; local Chamber events; conducted public forums; and are available to speak to your local community group.
- Publish your voice… share information online, write letters to the editor of the Berea Citizen or Richmond Register, or reach out to Members of the Berea City Council.
- Attend public meetings and bring a friend… both the Berea HRC and City Council meetings are open to the public and community members are encouraged to attend. Bringing a friend can be an effective way to help spread the message of non-discrimination and promote the value of diversity.
- If you have a concern or issue that you would like to discuss with the Berea HRC during the Commission’s regular meeting, please contact the Berea HRC with your concerns one week prior to the regular meeting so that discussion of your concerns may be added to the agenda. Additionally, the Berea HRC encourages those who wish to do so to address the Commission during the public comments section of the Commission’s regular meetings.